Baccarat™ is a very fun game played in casinos all over the world as well on our site thanks to the good folks at Playtech. This version of roulette is the same as French Roulette; it has 37 chambers instead of the 38 that are found in the more classic, “American” take on the game. Although this may seem like a small difference, it is rather significant as it nearly halves the house edge!
About European Roulette™
Although the first look at a roulette table is probably fairly intimidating for most gamers, the basic idea behind the game is fairly easy to grasp: guess which of the 37 chambers the plastic ball will land in. You can also try to pick the general range or color of the pot, or whether an odd or even chamber will come up.
Pull up a stool and settle in for a go at this iconic casino game! First, make your bets. On any single spin, you are allowed to make any combination of the following bets:
- Ranges: Guess whether the number will be in the upper or lower half of the numbers; whether it will be in the first, second or third thirds; or if it will land in the first, second or third ‘column.’
- Pairs or quadrants: Put your chips between numbers to bet on pairs or quadrants of numbers.
- Odd or even: Pick whether the ball will come up even or odd.
- Red or black: Decide whether you think the next number will be red or black.
- Single number: Pick the single number you think will come up.
Once you have made your choices, click spin and cross your fingers! The payouts for each type of bet and the maximum wager that can be placed on each type of bet are listed in the pay table, which can be seen by scrolling over the sign showing the betting maximum and minimum at the top of the page.